My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://hoteltuesday.wordpress.com/'> http://hoteltuesday.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.


Thursday, December 31, 2009

Obligatory New Year Post

Well it appears the year is drawing to a close and it's time to be a bit reflective.

I'll guess I'll start with the bad. This year I was super stressed about school, I lost some of my closest friends, a family member got really sick, a close friend passed away, I thought I was going to get evicted from my house, it rained all summer so I didn't make a lot at my restaurant job and am now always stressed about money, etc.

However, I reconnected with Josh, got closer to some awesome people (like my pillow talk buddy), my sister Talita got engaged, I discovered Fleetwood Mac, Joni Mitchell, and Steven the Beautiful, despite stressing about school (or because of it) I got three As (and an A-...), I've just applied for my first internship (wish me luck!), and I got to see Britney Spears in concert.

And of course, I had a wonderful year blogging. I had two exhausting seasons of Project Runway, found my 1st grade journal and decided to share it with the world, had my highest number of comments/blog visits, and was reminded of how awesome my blog readers are. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my musings! And thanks to Michelle M., Tam, Polt, Chris D., Jere, Adam, Josh and TwoPi and Heather for sending me Christmas and/or birthday cards. I really think about all my bloggy friends on a daily basis and feel so blessed that I can be cheered up just from getting a funny comment from someone.

So, I'm looking forward to the new year! 2010 has to be better. Plus, I have a feeling it'll be the year Josh and I finally get the fame that we deserve (while at the same time Lady GaGa released a terrible sophomore CD and fades into obscurity like Adam Lambert is in the process of doing). I haven't really thought of any resolutions yet, but I did keep my 2009 resolution... Yup, I gained weight! 5 pounds!

See you all in 2010!

[Bonus Track: I listened to this song a lot this year and felt like The Weepies were singing right to me! Enjoy]



Scattered shadows on a wall, you watch the long light fall / Some impressions stay and some will fade / Tattered shoes outside your door, clothes all on the floor / Your life feels like the morning after all year long. / Every day it starts again / You cannot say if you're happy / You keep trying to be / Try harder, maybe this is not your year. / Movies, TV screens reflect just what you expected / There's a world of shiny people somewhere else / Out there following their bliss / living easy, getting kissed / while you wonder what else you're doing wrong / Breathe through it, write a list of desires / Make a toast, make a wish, slash some tires / Paint a heart repeating, beating "don't give up, don't give up, don't give up."

11 comments:

Jere Keys said...

I hope that eventually only good memories remain from 2009.

p.s. We need to talk about your definition of "light vacation reading" when I finish the last 100 pages.

Michelle M. said...

I hope you stay out of hell in 2010.
Happy New Year!

Justin said...

Happy New Year, Enrico!! Here's to 2010! :-)

Tam said...

Wishing you all the wonderful things you deserve in 2010.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one that listens to the Weepies! This is the one I listen to sometimes -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtBD750Fsz4

that's J-O-S-H said...

Reconnecting wiff you [aka when the world was finally @ peace again] was mah fondest memory of 2009! My least favorite part of the year was whenever I had to see Lady GaGogglez or Adam Lamebert be desperate and obnoxious [i.e. every second of every day].

Mel said...

I'm with Michelle M. Hope nobody drags you or Josh (or anyone else we like) off to Hell in the year ahead.

Anonymous said...

i had a horrible 2009. I'm just hoping for good things in 2010.

gabi

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

john said...

Happy New Year Enrico! I'm glad 2009 is over and am looking forward to an exciting and happy 2010.

Chris D. said...

Every year of life has its hardships, through those we grow and learn to appreciate the rays of sunshine all the more.

Thank you for sharing your blog with us. I have enjoyed the opportunity to get to know you better.

May 2010 bring you all the fame and fortune you think you deserve. :)