My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://hoteltuesday.wordpress.com/'> http://hoteltuesday.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.


Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yeah, It Stays Pretty Green

So the big snowstorm of '09 has come and gone. Or has it? I hear it's supposed to snow again today. Either way, this storm has prevented me from going home this weekend, which was my original plan.

Last night, I opened the screen door and realized how high the snow got since I'd been outside earlier in the day.

This morning I checked and it got even higher!

This is the view from my living room window (feat. my car buried under snow!)

Don't you love those icicles frozen on my window?

And this is the backyard.

That's all I got because I'm not going outside to take pictures!!

In fact, I didn't plan on going outside at all today anyway. I'm currently reading The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides (so good!) and watching Six Feet Under for the first time, so I'll probably spend the day in bed, enjoying one of those activities.

Oh, and if this winter scene puts you in the mood for some holiday music, check out my favorite holiday song as performed by the original artist.

11 comments:

Jere Keys said...

I think you got more snow than we did, so you should go get on a train and come visit me.

Mel said...

I'm trying to decide whether or not that's a more depressing song than Dan Fogelberg's "Same Old Lang Syne".

Just started snowing here, so I'm going to bed until it stops, then heading home.

Garret said...

Get your ass outside and make a snowman and maybe a snow angel.

Adam said...

It looks like you got more snow than me. Thanks for the link to your favorite holiday song -- I love that version! I'd love to see a HT post about all your favorite holiday tunes.

Shanique said...

Looks like a hella a lot of snow. You should see OG, its ridiculous. But its pretty at the same time. I wanna go sledding. And I was just about to watch the movie Virgin Suicides. Tell me if the book is good cause then I'll read it first.

Ray Avito said...

Even though it looks crazy cold, I love the icicle through window picture. The trees just look fantabulous. And I love your car's partial invisibility cloak...

Michelle M. said...

A day reading in bed sounds fantastic. Enjoy!

hoteltuesday said...

Jere: And get cold/wet??

Mel: I love snow and rain, but only when I'm inside watching it fall. So pretty. If you go to bed, you'll miss it falling!

Garret: Umm... I don't have appropriate shoes for snow. So I'm gonna stay inside until spring!

Adam: I only like ONE holiday song. "River." That's it.

Shanique: I got halfway through today and it's really good so far and definitely recommended!

Ray: I keep thinking that someone is going to actually be fooled by my car's invisibility cloak and smash into it...

Michelle M: Thanks! And it is fantastic indeed :)

that's J-O-S-H said...

Ug sick! I hate snow...especially when it scarez goofy peepz away from my restaurant so I can't swindle their $$$ away from them!

Anonymous said...

We got even more in ocean grove, the snow is up a little past my knees!! Ridiculous!!!!
tj

Chris D. said...

It looks like you have had got a little bit more snow than I did, but not much more. I am glad you survived the blizzard.

Have a safe journey home.

Chris