When the summer first started, I made a blog entry featuring a list of my summer goals. And one of my goals was to reach my 150th blog post!
So I figure now's a good time to update my list and see which goals are still doable, and which I need to abandon.
Here's the current list:
2. Read 2666 by Robert Bolaño (900 pages!)
4. Gain weight.
5. Go to the movies on Tuesdays whenever I can (it’s free at a theatre near me).
7. Get a tan while avoiding sunbathing on the beach.
12. Catch up on Desperate Housewives.
14. Find a pair of sunglasses as sweet and cheap as the ones I got for $5 at H&M and lost.
16. Make a music video.
18. Wake up before 10:30am each day (even days off).
20. Have a reunion with the APEs (Brittany, Simone, Claudia and Gloria).
21. Work a lot so I’m not poor!!!
22. Watch Must Read After Death somehow.
23. Fix my computer.
25. Visit Claudia when she's interning in NYC.
26. Write a poem that I'm proud of.
34. Beat Psychonauts.
I think I've done pretty well so far!
I have 15 goals still to complete and am currently working on some of them.
I'm 150 pages into 2666 and if I read 30 pages a day, I'll be done in time. (#2)
I'm almost done with Psychonauts and probably only need a few more days with it. (#34)
So far I've woken up before 10:30 every day (#18) and have gone to the movies several times (#5) but I guess I have to wait until the summer's over before crossing those off.
I've caught up with a lot of Desperate Housewives (I was 2.5 seasons behind!) but still have one season to go. I was going to wait for Shanique to watch it with me, but she's taking too long so I should do it alone. (#12)
As for #26, I've written LINES that I'm proud of, but not a whole poem. But I'm getting there....
Haven't needed sunglasses since it rains everyday (#14) and I'll be visiting Claudia this Sunday (#25). And I would make a music video if SOMEONE was more dedicated to being famous (#16).
It seems the only goal I really need to eliminate is #23: fix my computer. It costs $1,000 to fix it, and I don't have that kind of money to spare (since my root canal was equally expensive). So my laptop will still act as a desktop for the time being....
Of the goals I finished, I really loved doing #9!
Here's a pic of me and Karissa at karaoke. We sang "Don't Stop Believin'" (the Glee way obviously) and "Sex on Fire." I'm pretty sure the crowd was blown away by our take on the fantastic KOL song. And we dedicated the song to some newlyweds in the audience! How appropriate.
I still have a few weeks left and hope I can finish my list!
I have a new goal to add too.
35. Watch seasons 1-4 of The Office.
I watched season 1 the other day and am halfway through season 2 and seriously, it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. I have up to season 4 on DVD (season 5 isn't out yet) so I want to finish them before the summer's over and schoolwork takes up most of my time.
Have you accomplished a lot this summer?