My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://hoteltuesday.wordpress.com/'> http://hoteltuesday.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.


Wednesday, June 18, 2008

You Should See My Scars

So everyone knows that I don't wear shorts because then people make fun of me and say my legs are too skinny and then I get insecure and cry myself to sleep.
BUT if I did wear shorts, I bet everyone would ask me about the scar on my thigh.

Ok, so maybe it's not that noticeable anymore, but you can see it if you look real hard. Anyway, the story of how I got this scar is quite interesting...

One day, when I was like 6 or 7 or maybe 10, I was jumping on the couch while my sister sat next to me. She was using a pair of scissors to cut up the letters my dad sent us, in which he begged us to visit him in jail. My sister thought I looked pretty funny jumping on the couch and was laughing quite uproariously.


My mother was not laughing.

She yelled at me and told me to stop jumping on the couch before I kill myself or worse: ruin her new couch.

So did I listen to her? Of course not!! (I was a rotten child btw)

My sister walked away for a moment but left her scissors on the couch. Since my mother no longer seemed so annoyed, I wasn't having fun anymore. So I plopped down on the couch so I could go pull my older sister's hair, but I landed on the scissors.

When I screamed in pain, my sister came running back into the room. She saw the blood that filled the living room and saw the source of the blood-my bleeding thigh!


She carried me into the kitchen so my mother could see the wound and then decide what to do with me.


But my mother just said "I told you to stop jumping on the couch..." She then told my sister that since she left the scissors on the couch, she had to take them out of my leg!

My sister was scared, but being the strong, fearless black woman that she is, she pulled the scissors from my leg and called a cab to take me to the hospital.

So then I got 49 stitches and a scar that will always remind me to never jump on the couch. Apparently the story doesn't end there... My family loves talking about how I slapped the hot doctor because getting stitches hurt me.

On a related note, my family seems to have bad luck when it comes to jumping on couches. My older sister fell off the couch while jumping on it and bit off the tip of her tongue!

And I probably forgot to tell you this
Like that time when I forgot to tell you about the scar
Remember how uncomfortable that made you feel?
- Maria Mena

No comments: