My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://hoteltuesday.wordpress.com/'> http://hoteltuesday.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.


Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Saturday Six

Welcome to The Saturday Six! In this entry, I'll talk about my six favorite things from this past week!

1. Veronica Mars

Since my favorite show ever is Buffy the Vampire Slayer, peepz always tell me that I should watch Veronica Mars, which is (obviously) not quite as brillz as Buffy, but similar to the show in that it features mystery, snappy one-liners, a blonde lead, and boyfriend issues. Last Monday I decided to watch the first episode... which turned into a 12 episode marathon. This show is fantastic!

I finished the first season last night and thought it was amazing. Smart, funny writing, complex and endearing characters (I love Keith Mars the most!), interesting mysteries that continually surprise... Much like a Kelly Osbourne album, this show has it all! I seriously laughed prox a million times, got teary-eyed a few times, and had to pick my jaw up from off the floor (where Solomon was scratching it and hissing at it) a few times. The only bad thing about the show is that I HATE the theme song. Terrible theme song or not, I can't wait to watch the rest of the seasons!

P.S. I feel even more drawn to this show because I graduated from Neptune High School, which is the name of the fictional school V. Mars attends!!

2. "E.T. (Futuristic Lover)"



In what might be the next single from Katy's highly-anticipated second album Teenage Dream, Ms. Perry sings says about her alien BF. Throughout the course of the song, she says she wants to be stunned with lasers and to be walk on her lover's wavelength and be there when he vibrates. LOVE IT.

3. Chocolate Dirt Ice Cream

You know how when you get ice cream cake, you force your self to eat the vanilla and chocolate ice cream when all you really want are the delicious crunchies in the middle of the cake?!

Well, this radio station I listen to on the way home from work decided to start selling ice cream called Chocolate Dirt, which is chocolate ice cream with the crunchies inside! Unfortunately for most of you, this ice cream is sold exclusively in these locations.

4. Clearance Sales!

I LOVE CHEAP/FREE THINGS. This week, I went to Target to buy the cheapest shirt possible because I was staying with a friend for the week and packed one shirt too few. So I went to the clearance section (duh) and bought this red plaid shirt...

FOR $4!!!! YAY! (And I know it's hot outside, but the shirt isn't thick and my office is freezing anyway.)

5. Jesus Camp

I FINALLY watched Jesus Camp this week and it was hilarious. Here's my favorite girl in the movie. Her name is Tory and she is so0o0o0o0o0o smart because she doesn't "dance of the flesh" and she doesn't believe in guys or girls!

“My favorite kind of music is like, Christian heavy metal, rock ‘n’ roll. It focuses and the basis is towards Jesus. And some of the songs don’t actually say like, ‘Jesus’ or ‘our lord’ or, and stuff like that. But they do have a Christian basis and it is focused towards him. So that’s why I like Christian. And, but, really, Britney Spears and like, Lindsay Lohan and some people like that, I could definitely care less about them. Because their main, their songs are mainly based on either like, guys or girls and we as Christians, I do not, well I, do not believe in that.”

6. Taco Dinners

Well, I actually haven't made tacos for dinner yet... But I'm heading over to Josh's right now to make some! MMMM.

10 comments:

Garret said...

Great post! I LOVE Buffy. Buffy rocks it on LOGO these days. I never watched Veronica Mars.

Oh, the crunchy things in ice cream cake! Love that too! I truly love chocolate but with the Weight Watchers thingy going, I best not look at the link.

that's J-O-S-H said...

MMM...CAN'T (be tamed?) WAIT FOR TACO EXTRAVAGANZA!

Milo said...

Not heard of Veronica Mars but no doubt it will arrive here at some point.

Liking the new shirt - very Brokeback! <3

Dave2 said...

Veronica Mars is my second-favorite show ever. While it never got better than the first season, I have to say I was MUCH more disturbed by the grand story arch in the second season... making them almost equal. The third season was a major step down, but it WAS Veronica Mars, which makes it better than every other show on television! So sad it was cancelled.

My first favorite show ever was ALSO written by Veronica Mars mastermind, Rob Thomas... "Cupid." I'd tell you to watch this =amazing= show, but you can't... it's not available anywhere. I did write about it here though.

john said...

What an original idea! How ever did you think of it!?!

I've never seen Veronica Mars, perhaps I should check it out. I'm not a fan of chocolate ice cream. I wonder if they make crunchies in the vanilla ice cream?

I can't watch "Jesus Camp", it frightens me too much. It is like a horror movie to me, a really, really scary horror movie.

Tam said...

Mmmm. I love that crunchy stuff in the middle.

I'm with John, Jesus Camp is too scary.

No Mexican food here but we had Indian. My house smells like Bombay.

dpaste said...

Those are burritos.

I've never watched Veronica Mars.

Jesus Camp girl will be pregnant by the time she is 16.

I do like the crunchies inside ice cream cake, but for me it's always about the frosting.

Michelle M. said...

I'm watching Veronica Mars, too! I'm on the second season. Without giving too much away, look for two Buffy alums to have a scene together. I like that it was filmed in San Diego - it's fun to see familiar locations in the show.

Jesus camp - it's scary that those people are out there.

I like ice cream and I like cake, but not ice cream cake.

Cute guy in cute shirt.

Delisa said...

I miss you!

We cuddle soon?

Milo said...

Liking the plaid shirt! I bought one myself at the weekend but was £20 (hard to find clearance sales in central London). I like it though! Similar to yours although the colours are a bit different!