My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit redirectLink" href='http://hoteltuesday.wordpress.com/'> http://hoteltuesday.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.


Sunday, July 27, 2008

Watch Out, She'll Charm You

I have a recent obsession that has become so great that I decided to blog about it.

When I was working at Rite Aid last year, I heard a song named "Calling" on the radio ALL THE TIME. It grew on me and I ended up loving it. I can even sing the chorus en espanol!



I looked it up online (by the lyrics) and found it was from singer songwriter Leona Naess. I downloaded her self-titled CD that the song came from. And because it was self-titled, I assumed it was her first album.



At first, I didn't love the album and thought it was too low key for me. But about half a year later, I listened again and feel deeply in love with the album.

I love every track on the CD. My favorite track is "Ballerina." I recently started watching Weeds and was overly-delighted that the song was featured in an episode!!



Since I became obsessed with Leona, I found out that she had two other CDs! I immediately ordered them from Amazon.



The first single from here first CD, Comatised is "Charm Attack," which I didn't love at first, but it grew on me like crazy! The actually video is kind of boring, but I found the beginning of this alternate video, which is much cooler.



I think the way she sings "With all my love / that rage and hide inside" (1:12) is absolutely brilliant.

After Comatised came her second CD, brilliantly named I Tried To Rock You But You Only Roll. I was saddened to learn that there is a song with the same name on the CD though; I like when album titles are JUST album titles and not song titles or lyrics.



This CD is my second favorite from Leona. I love the songs "Weak Strong Heart" and "Mayor of Your Town" very much. This CD is a little more stripped, making it more similar to her masterpiece, Leona Naess.

So if you haven't heard anything from Leona, go listen to every song she ever made. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: